Ella 7/2003-4/2019



I am not going to lie, the last three or so years have not been the best.  We lost this little girl to an aggressive cancer in April and things are just not the same without her.  The picture above (and below) was taken by our favorite photographer, April Turner (UTurn Studios) right after we got the diagnosis.  

So, the blog has been silent and I just haven't been myself.  And my views of some things have changed, but more on that later. 

Here is our tribute to Ella that I posted on Facebook.  I still have tears even writing this post.  We are all lost, Carleen, me and the boys included.  It's weird that the pack is down to two boys now and no girls. Ella ruled the roost until she left us. 


Ella Boo Bear, I don't know what we are going to do without you. From the moment we met you at Marla's, you just fit right into the pack. You weren't going to sit by yourself in the car home, you had to get in the back with Fannie and Higgins and let them know that they had a new little sister.


You taught ME (not Carleen, she already knew!) so so many things. You were always happy, with such a sweet soul. You knew how to draw people and animals out of their shells and tell them the world was fun. You were the best therapy partner I could have had. You LOVED date night with Zodiac at the hospital and then date night again with Higgins at the Alzheimer's unit.  


You put up with the ridiculous costumes I always put you in, but I think you kind of liked it. I will have to say that you did rock the "cheerleader on crack" costume quite well!


When you had your back injury, it wasn't going to slow you down. You HATED your wheels, but you knew they would help you get better. Honestly, I think you knew you could get more treats out of us that way.  


And that soul of a "fighter" from the beginning trip home, carried you thru your back injury, to eventually helping you wobble walk again. Then an aggressive cancer diagnosis that generally takes a life quickly did not slow you down much. One month in, two months in, you just kept going. Amazing everyone as you kept that cancer in remission as long as you could.  


After 21 months of fighting, you told us it was time to rest. Run free little boo bear and give Higgins, Fannie and Toby our love. We will see you at the bridge.

No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!