Summer Vibes with Strawberry Shake From Studio Tekturek

 Hello, hello, and hi!!  I am LOVING fall weather, even though I am going to share a summer layout for you today!  What's your favorite season?  Are you a sun loving summer person, colorful spring person, crunchy leaves of fall person or the cozy season of winter?  Honestly I am anything that isn't above about 70-75 degrees!  LOL LOL


This ball that Hazel is playing with is a noisy one.  It seems to be with her, the noisy the toy the better!  I am not sure what made me decide on doing a grid layout for this, but it's a great way to use 3x4 cards, if you aren't into pocket pages.


The ball has a giggle sound to it and it really gets going when she is herding the ball.  The funny thing is, she would rather play in the house with it then outside.  I guess it's more fun to bang it into furniture! All of the squares in the grid area were pocket cards.  I just determined what part of the card I wanted to use and measured from there on where to cut. 


When I was doing the layout, putting gems on the pineapple hadn't occurred to me.  I happened to be digging in the draw for something and saw them.  The color and size of them was perfect for the leafy area.  Let's not mention that I may have spilled the entire container on the floor while I was gluing!  


Originally this area was going to be the entire title for the page.  Studio Tekturek has some cute alpha stickers that you can see up in the first photo and I wanted to use them.  After I got done, I just sat and stared thinking my page needed something else (doesn't it always?!  LOL)


Out came one of the 4x6 cards with that fun Summer Vibes on it, along with some scissors to fussy cut that out!  And that cute little chipboard sun was just a bonus!  FYI, ST chipboard doesn't have adhesive on the back.  I count that as a win, considering I pop my chipboard up a lot and have to powder the sticky area!  I found some enamel dots in my stash that matched the paper collection pretty close and just followed the movement of the words.  I love how it turned out!

Well, that's it from me today!!!  If you are wanting to pick up the Strawberry Shake collection I can direct you to the Paper Issues shop!  Studio Tekturek HERE  And use the code FACEBOOK for 20% off your entire order!!!  Tell Cassie I sent you!  











4 comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!