Stand Tall With Therm O Web and Rina K Designs Electro Pop

Hey there, I just haven't been able to bring myself to write a blog post after posting about Sheldon until now.  I know, for me, writing is therapeutic....as long as I am typing that is.  And now, I have come back about 3 days after to finish this post.  So, I am just going to say I needed a little self healing time and not worry if I don't have a blog post up in a time frame I was saying I would.

This was a fun layout I did for Therm O Web and I even have a video to go along with it, so I thought I would share it today.  It also fits with the time of the year, since it's graduation themed.  (Don't tell, I think this graduation was in the month of December!) The video is at the end of this post, I would love if you watched it!


And do you ever have one of those projects that just seems to be a calamity of errors that happens? Even when you get the project done and you like the finished product, you still laugh about things that occurred during the process? This layout is a prime example of that.


It started first with trying to figure out what I could use to go with the Rina K ElectroPop Enamel sheets and the ElectroPop Flock Transfer sheets. I know neon is not everyone's cup of tea, but I do love bright colors, so I had that in my favor.

I also was using the new StampNStencil Sending Sunshine stamps and dies, along with the Rina K Electro Pop Inks in Hello Yellow, Poppin' Pink, Orange Glow, Blaring Blue, Screaming Green, Loud Lime, and Potent Purple.

I honestly am not sure how I came up with the pineapples for the theme of the page and how I thought flower stamps were going to translate, but I am glad I did.  I used the flower and leaves from the stamps and dies and cut them to create my pineapples. You can see that process in the video. 


Then it came time for me to pick out what paper collection/elements would work with my plan. Since the Bloom Street collection from American Crafts/Paige Evans has some similar (but lighter) colors, I decided it was the collection I was going to use.  I used the stencil from the Sending Sunshine set and created a neon border by using Deco Foil Transfer Gel Blanco and  Enamel Sheets in Poppin' Pink and Screamin' Green by alternating them. 


With the Enamels (and Foils) you can overlap them to work with more colors.  For example, the pink sheet here, could lay on top of the green sheet and would not transfer.  These will only transfer to an adhesive that will pull the enamel or foil off of the transfer sheet they are applied to!


I knew I wanted to use that long quote for the title of my page. I have a TON of Thickers, so I was pretty sure it wouldn't be a problem coming up with different sets of alphas to do it!. The only problem I ran into is that was when I could not find yellow and blue letters to match my colors.  Luckily I found an old set of Thickers that were a DIY type for coloring! I used the Rina K Inks in Hello Yellow and Blaring Blue for those and viola, matching letters!  


I used some of the Electro Pop Flock along with one of the leaf dies to create those pops of color at the top of the picture. I just felt like something needed to go up there, and they just seemed to fit the bill perfectly!

And I know you want a video right??  Check it out below.  If you want to watch on YouTube, you can watch it HERE.  



Supplies

Here is a list of the supplies I used that are available from Scrapbook.com, Therm O Web, Waffle Flower CraftsGina K Designs, and Blick.  If you purchase thru my links, which is no cost to you, it will help me to keep my content fresh and current. I would love the support if you feel like shopping!!  (You can see my disclosure statement here).  And the dogs would love it, because they might get a few more treats!


Therm O Web Supplies Used 


4 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!