Happy 13th Birthday using Gina K Designs Glitz Glitter Gel

Hey Hey!  Happy Memorial Day Monday. I am in a reminiscing mood today, reflecting on all the changes that have transpired over the last few years and just feeling a little melancholy. I thought it might be a good time to write a blog post (or two), since I was in the mood.




I have decided that from now on, life is short and we will celebrate all dog birthdays in a big way. I wish we had been doing this all long, you cannot change the past, but you can move forward.


This layout is up on the Thermo O Web blog as of Saturday and you can find that post with all the layout details and instructions HERE.  My fun assignment was to use Gina K's Glitz Glitter Gel in a birthday layout. Perfect, since Jetson just had his 13th birthday.  

This birthday celebration was a little different, because we were in a stay at home order. Break out the Silhouette Cameo and some digital papers to create paper balloons for a photo shoot! 

I used a couple of different colors of the Glitz...Turquoise Sea and Gold.  These were the two colors that matched best with the paper collection I was using.


Speaking of paper collection, I got back to my love of hybrid and used the Becca Bonneville Designs kit Sprinkles that you can purchase over at The Lilypad Digital Store. And if I had known to just hook my wide format printer straight to my desktop with the USB to solve my printing problems I would have done it a LONG time ago. So, expect to see more hybrid projects from me in the future, since I finally figured THAT out!


The look on Jetson's face is priceless! This photo got the most reaction on Facebook out of all his birthday photos that I posted. He is such a silly little nugget. The Panda tied all the black and white in the layout together, plus he is super cute! I love the soft colors of the collection and the different dimensions you can get with the different kinds of foam adhesive from Therm O Web. 

Oh, before I forget to mention it, I used mostly Ultra Bond Liquid Adhesive on my project, instead of a tape runner.  Since the Glitz is a little rough, the Ultra Bond adheres better to it. 


That stencil is from Catherine Pooler and I think it's one of my favorites. I seem to reach for it every time I want to stencil on something. It's an addiction to that stencil I think! 


A little Gina K ribbon in black and white, along with those two die cut tags, pulled the layout together. And that tag with "another year older" just had to be used with the priceless look on Jetson's face!!  

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

Supplies

Here is a list of the supplies I used that are available from Scrapbook.com, Therm O Web, Waffle Flower CraftsGina K Designs, and Blick.  If you purchase thru my links, which is no cost to you, it will help me to keep my content fresh and current. I would love the support if you feel like shopping!!  (You can see my disclosure statement here).  And the dogs would love it, because they might get a few more treats!






10 comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!