Love Letters with Therm O Web Deco Foil Flock Sheets

Hey hey!!  I survived the girls weekend and have FIVE layouts to share over the next couple of weeks.  I had a BLAST and it was just what my little crafty soul needed.  I need to do it more often, sadly the house rental rate is too high the rest of the year!  


I wanted to share this layout I did for the Therm O Web blog about love letters on a scrapbook page.    You can find my posts and tutorial HERE on the Therm O Web blog.  Now, I know not everyone is going to "put it all out there" on a page and I am one of those people.  HA!  But I took this picture of Jetson laying by Ella's wheelchair a couple of seeks after she had passed and thought this would be perfect for this layout.  




I used the My Mind's Eye collection One Fine Day on this layout. Gosh I miss their BIG collections they used to have, so I will settle for the smaller ones for now!  I also used a new to me cut file design store on Etsy-HandiPaper.  The envelope was too enticing not to use on my page. 


I did the cut file a little different and filled the cut outs with cardstock covered with Deco Foil Flock sheets.  I love change in look it gives from pattern paper.  I just did the leaves and the flower with the flock and the rest was with pattern paper.  I used flock in White Latte for the flower and then inked with Distress Oxide inks in Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar. 


For the "letter" I figured out how much journaling space I had and then just created a text box in Word a little smaller than my area.  I typed up my journaling and then printed out on Gina K Designs Cardstock in Bubblegum. Then I wrinkled it  before adhering to my layout.


Here's a close up of the photo.  You can see the wheelchair by his head.  Not going to lie, I may have shed a few tears when I took this picture of him and also when I was making this layout.  But I am glad I was able to capture this moment and get it down and on paper.

I will be back later in the week or next.  Not sure..it's birthday week here and I will just have to see how bad I am at managing my time!  LOL LOL  Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Supplies


Here is a list of the supplies I used that are available from Scrapbook.com, Therm O Web, Waffle Flower CraftsGina K Designs, and Blick.  If you purchase thru my links, which is no cost to you, it will help me to keep my content fresh and current. I would love the support if you feel like shopping!!  (You can see my disclosure statement here).  And the dogs would love it, because they might get a few more treats!


No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!