All The Hugs-Waffle Flower Crafts and Pink Paislee

A Sunday post?!  I know right??  This week has been crazy, but I love this layout so much I couldn't wait to share it!


Ever since I saw the Waffle Flower Crafts Rainbow Bridge Combo stamp and die set, I knew I had to create a layout about Ella and Higgins with it.  The combo comes with the stamps, dog die, and a cat die also.  These were designed by JJ Bolton and I totally love her style.


I had been putting off doing this layout, well because you know it's a hard one. When I went for the girl's crafty weekend last week, I decided it was then or never!  I knew I had time to work on it and not rush.  I pull out my stash of Truly Grateful (Pink Paislee) and got to work.  


I had already planned that I was going to use the dog die on each side of the layout, so I printed my photos to fit with that idea.  I did have to trim my pictures some, because, well I am NEVER a precise scrapbooker!  LOL  I cut the die from Neenah Solar White cardstock, because I wanted a good weight for my die cut.  


To create the "other side" I just die cut and and then flipped the cut over and used the back side. You cannot tell much of a difference, especially since I did more to the die cut after it was finished.   The hardest part about this was remember how to cut and flip my paper for each side to fill in the rainbow!  Speaking of embellishing, I didn't want just a white die cut and I also didn't want a black one.  I found these Nuvo Glitter Markers and ended up buying the entire set (except one they didn't have!)  I used the color Strawberry Bon Bon on Ella's frame and Imperial Blue on Higgins.  I love how they worked and they dried quickly.  


Next, I played around with some Distress Oxide in Faded Jeans (I think?!  LOL) and the Waffle Flower Cloudscape panel die.   I say think, because I played around with several blue colors trying to find one to coordinate with the blue flower paper I was using at the top of my page.  I die cut the panel three times and then carefully piece it back together, inking every other panel and overlapping the panels slightly to create puffy clouds.  On the third set, I trimmed and rounded the sides.  


Lastly, I stamped several of the sayings from the stamp set and then die cut them with the Waffle Flower A2 Layers dies.  Or I might have used A7 Layers dies, I cannot remember I had them both out!  I used whatever fit the stamped phrases the best, so it could have been a combination of both!  I inked the edges in Distress Oxide Spun Sugar (what???  I inked edges?!  LOL ) and then popped them up with some Therm O Web 3D Foam Squares

I also used a white gel pen to write their registered names and dates, along with adding some faux stitching.  I know everyone raves about the Uniball Signo white gel pens, but I just do not have luck with them.  This was a Sakura Gelly Roll in size 10 and I LOVE it!!  I used it all weekend! It doesn't fade like the Signo pen and it's still just as bright today as when I did the layout!!

That's all from me on this surprise Sunday post.  I have a few more projects to share from my Branson weekend that will probably be up this week!  Have a great lazy Sunday!!!

Supplies

Here is a list of the supplies I used that are available from Scrapbook.com, Therm O Web, Waffle Flower CraftsGina K Designs, and Blick.  If you purchase thru my links, which is no cost to you, it will help me to keep my content fresh and current. I would love the support if you feel like shopping!!  (You can see my disclosure statement here).  And the dogs would love it, because they might get a few more treats!



No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!