My Whole Heart with Scrapbook.com and 1 Canoe 2

Hi hi!!!  I am trying to get into a crafting groove again, along with a regular blogging schedule.  I am hoping to have at least two new posts a week, but I may be setting my goals a little high!  LOL But hey a girl can dream right?  

This layout was creating with one of the new cut files from Scrapbook.com.   I wanted to use the cut file in a different way than just cutting out the heart wreath and backing it.  Well...I did back some hearts!  LOL  

This picture of the boys cuddled up in the crate just melts my heart every time I see it.  Sheldon wanted NO PART of cuddling, but Jetson eventually won that contest!  We were heading to Grandpa's for the day and they always get crated on longer car trips. 


I used the Saturday Afternoon collection by 1 Canoe 2.  It's been in my stash for a couple of months just hanging out.  As I was designing my page in my head, I realized that this collection might just work with this cut file!  I love the flowers in the collection and thought they would work well with the hearts!  



This cut file includes files for layouts and cards.  You could also switch the uses for these.  The "You Have My Whole Heart" card front would look awesome backed and on a layout also!


I used the wreath hearts and took only three of them and put down the side of my page.  The middle heart I made a little bigger than the top and bottom ones.  My original idea was to layer border punch strips  into each heart opening, but then I changed my mind before I got to into it!  I may have went with that original idea if I had 6x6 papers that went with the collection, but I didn't.  So I ended up just doing the one heart and then just backing the other two with a striped paper in the collection.


My page had a soft look to it, so I decided to keep the die cut saying softer also.  I had though about backing with vellum, instead of the pink, but I couldn't find my vellum!  LOL  I also only had a sticker sheet that went with the collection, so I ended up cutting out that flower and leaves from a 12x12 sheet and just running them up the side of my page.  I actually love how it turned out!

So, you need to go grab this cut file, I think it's on sale!  And this paper collection is pretty cute too!  Thanks for stopping by today.  

Supplies

Here is a list of the supplies I used that are available from Scrapbook.com, Therm O Web, Waffle Flower CraftsGina K Designs, and Blick.  If you purchase thru my links, which is no cost to you, it will help me to keep my content fresh and current. I would love the support if you feel like shopping!!  (You can see my disclosure statement here).  And the dogs would love it, because they might get a few more treats!


No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!