Dog Friends-Color Me Happy Scrapbook.com Cut File

Hey hey!!  I am back with another fun cut file that is only available from Scrapbook.com.  The file had me a little stumped on what to make with it, but I came up with quite the colorful layout don't you think?!


I knew I wanted to use the rainbow cuts in a fun way, and why not create a rainbow with each color?! This layout brought back some fun memories of when we went to the Cardigan Nationals. We have met some great people.  In the picture is Laura (Sheldon's breeder), Cindy (who has a littermate of Sheldon's and her new fluffy puppy), Johnny and Mala (who had a littermate that passed and now have a new puppy, along with their female cardigan).  These are some special friendships that's for sure!



And once again, this file includes multiple files that are good for all types of memory keeping and creating.  I took the 12x12 scrapbook rainbow file and resized it to about 3.75 square to make my grid design.  I had no trouble with the file cutting cleanly when I sized smaller.  That has happened to me with other files before, but this wasn't one of them!

I admit, I am one that hasn't gotten into the distress ink craze.  That is until the distress oxides came along.  We won't talk about how many colors of those I have!  LOL  I used two colors for each of  the rainbow squares, ink blending on Canson Bristol paper.


The color combos I used were the following:  Festive Berry/Worn Lipstick, Carved Pumpkin/Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed/Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn/Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean/Tumbled Glass and finally Wilted Violet/Shaded Lilac.  


For the title, I used the lighter colors of each of the combos to blend the backing paper.  FYI, the Silhouette Cameo cut the Bristol paper wonderfully.  The settings I used were Coverstock and then I had my blade set at 7 or 8.  


AND this is the first time I have done a monochromatic theme with embellishments!  It was a little tricky, mainly because I hadn't planned for it.  I came up with it at the very end of the layout, when I wanted to add a little more!  

That's all from me today!  I feel like I am getting back to creating more and on a regular basis.  I do better by setting some deadlines and projects for myself!  Happy Tuesday!!


Supplies

Here is a list of the supplies I used that are available from Scrapbook.com, Therm O Web, Waffle Flower Crafts, Gina K Designs, and Blick.  If you purchase thru my links, which is no cost to you, it will help me to keep my content fresh and current. I would love the support if you feel like shopping!!  (You can see my disclosure statement here).  And the dogs would love it, because they might get a few more treats!


No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!