Merry Christmas in August with Thermo O Web and Waffle Flower



Well, these cards were going to be part of my "Christmas in July" but things happened, so we are doing Christmas in August instead!  I had an idea for a suspended shaker card with the MERRY die from Waffle Flower Crafts.  I am so excited that I grabbed the bundle when I did, because I think it's on backorder!!  BUT you need die and stamp set.



I have a full tutorial on how I made these over on the Therm O Web blog today.  You can find that post HERE.   There are a lot of step out photos.  I am shaker card challenged, but I want to do these again!

Both cards are more focused on the MERRY die, but I did stamp some snowflakes to suspend in the other card, instead of the MERRY die cut.


It's so hard to decide which card is my favorite, because I love them for different reasons!  This one, is the Deco Foil rainbow trees in the background.  And I am really more of a "silver" girl than a gold girl and this card has that going for it!  I used the Deco Foil Silver Shatter Glass for the MERRY. 


Above you can see how the MERRY is suspended with some invisible thread.  If you look really really close, you can see the thread, but not really!  This was the trickier of the two cards, but that could be because I had a system down by the time I got to the second card.


For this card, I used the Deco Foil Metallix Gel with an old Studio Calico stencil with stars.  I stamped and embossed the snowflakes and the MERRY die cut.  


The snowflakes are the suspended part of this card.  I wish I hadn't put the gold glitter in, or at least not as much.   I have a love hate relationship with how it ended up sticking on the background.  It does look kind of neat though.  I have other shaker bits in there, but the gold just took over! 


The embossing powder I used is from Ranger and it's called Enchanted Gold and I don't think it's available any more.  I am so sad, because I love the light gold color of it.  I cut the MERRY out of cardstock several times to create a chipboard type of die cut.  I am itching to do a Christmas layout with it!  

That's all from me today!  I hope you enjoyed these cards and they maybe got you into a Christmas crafting mood!  

Supplies

Here is a list of the supplies I used that are available from Scrapbook.com, Therm O Web and Blick.  If you purchase thru my links, which is no cost to you, it will help me to keep my content fresh and current. I would love the support if you feel like shopping!!  (You can see my disclosure statement here).  And the dogs would love it, because they might get a few more treats!


No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!