I thought we would continue with the Christmas in July theme here on the blog!  LOL  Yes, these are older projects, but I am sharing because these are projects that I had so much fun creating.  I will have a new project up this week from Therm O Web.  And guess what...it's Christmas themed!  LOL




These are cards I did for a swap that Therm O Web had with Newton's Nook stamp company.  If you haven't seen their stamps...omg..so CUTE!  I knew when we were told we were doing the swap that I was going to grab these sloth stamps!  You can see more step out photos on the Therm O Web blog HERE, along with a tutorial about how I put these cards together. 


And as I look at these, I can tell that my coloring has gotten a little better.  I guess practice does work, even if I don't like to do it!  I wanted the focus of the cards to be on the stamped images, but they also needed a little sparkle!


The clear toner sheets with Christmas designs were perfect as the "background" paper to show off the stamps.  I also foiled some Deco Foil Transfer Gel after using a stencil to apply it.  The santa hat also has a little foiling going on in the fur part!


And yes, I do love a good nap!!  So I had to include the sleeping sloths!  Aren't they just the cutest?


I had to go back and look, but I foiled the tree toner sheet first and then I used the DecoFoil Transfer gel and the same stencil over the top of the foiled toner sheet.  Then I ran the piece back thru the laminator using Pink Deco Foil to create pink snowflakes.  For the pile of snow they are sleeping on, I used modeling paste. 


Also, photo corners rock for holding the clear toner sheets in place if you are worried about adhesive showing!  

Supplies

Here is a list of the supplies I used that are available from Scrapbook.com, Therm O Web and Blick.  If you purchase thru my links, which is no cost to you, it will help me to keep my content fresh and current. I would love the support if you feel like shopping!!  (You can see my disclosure statement here).  And the dogs would love it, because they might get a few more treats!


Gina K Designs Amalgam Ink-Black


No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!