Mixed Media Canvas with Maya Road

Ok, so I am NOT a mixed media guru, nor will I ever be!  But I thought I would try my hand at a canvas for a Maya Road project.  Small canvas, note the word small!

This started with some Dina Wakely paints that were on clearance at Hobby Lobby.  I had been wanting to try them out, because I loved the bright colors.  Clearance was a perfect excuse.  Then spring was coming, so I decided to give it a springy type theme.  I am NOT into dark colors, which has evidence here on my blog!  LOL

Love_Mixed_Media_Canvas_Maya_Road_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-1
Supplies: Paints-Dina Wakely (Ranger); Doily-Doodlebug Designs; Stencil-Studio Calico; Tag, Envelope, Sequin Bow, Resin Bird, Felt Flower, Leaves, Die Cut-Maya Road; Modeling Paste; Adhesive-ThermOWeb

The steel dies from Maya Road cut beautifully. There is such a range of dies to choose from, especially considering they are a fairly new release.  This die also comes with hearts, but I opted not to use them on this project. If you want to check out all the Maya dies, you can find them on their website HERE.
Love_Mixed_Media_Canvas_Maya_Road_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-2

And then clustering!  Maya is so, so prefect for clustering embellishments.  It's a struggle to NOT keep adding when I am doing it!  And those pink paper flowers are quickly becoming a favorite of mine.  I cannot wait till my order gets here!  I will have them in white and pink and a couple of sizes!
Love_Mixed_Media_Canvas_Maya_Road_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-3

And I thought I would show these!  Carleen made the bunny that is my photo prop and she has been busy making others!  If you are interested in one, these are the ones she has left.  They are around 6-7 inches tall and shipping would be around 8.00.  US only please!  These are hand built and so fun to have sitting around your house! Let me know if you have any questions!  


And I am thinking of some fun things for the blog...certain days for certain things.  Still mulling it around, but I am hoping that a schedule will keep me on track and will also help with the decisions of what to create and blog about! 

Happy Monday!  I will be back tomorrow with a fun layout I did for The Cut Shoppe!



No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!