A Vellum Envelope Tutorial for The Paper Bakery

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend if you are here in the US. We did not do much of anything but hang around the house and clean out some things.  The dogs were (and still are!) exhausted from us being home.

When I first saw filled vellum envelopes, I will admit, they baffled me a little.  But then, after I figured out how easy they are I had to laugh!  I had a little tutorial up over on The Paper Bakery blog this week (using the Glitz Roadshow kit for May) and wanted to share it here in case you didn't see it over there.

K_HuntEnvelopeStand11000Signed

Supplies: Vellum-Studio Calico (Sundrifter collection); Pattern Paper: Crate Paper (Maggie Holmes *Remember This-DIY Shop *Project)), Lily Bee Design (Destination *Souvenir-Pinwheel *Kite Strings),  Tag-Crate Paper-DIY Shop Ephemera; Twine-May Arts; Adhesive-Scotch ATG; Punches-Martha Stewart & Ephiany Crafts 

Silhouette Cameo with the following cut file:
Amy Tan Mini Envelope
Design ID# 38472

I cut out the Silhouette file for the envelope.  BUT you can find templates for envelopes online that you can hand cut if you just do a search!  Keep it small, if you print something out to hand cut, you may have to shrink it down.  This is embellishment sized.
K_HuntEnvelope11000Signed

Assembly your envelope.  I used my ATG gun and you really cannot see the adhesive under the vellum.  Or you could use vellum adhesive, I just didn't have any handy (read...that I could find!)
K_HuntEnvelope21000Signed

Punch out a variety of small things out of different pattern papers.  I just did some butterflies and circles.  Great way to use up those odds and ends of paper.
K_HuntEnvelope31000Signed

I then just closed up my envelope and added the ticket and twine.  Now, I need to figure out what to use this on.  This would also be cute sized for a project life pocket!
K_HuntEnvelopeStand21000

And in case you didn't see it I have a grab box sale going on.  Here is the link to the post:  SALE  

In other news, I put on a pair of shorts to go out around town in and they were loose!  This was the first time I had put on shorts for the season, except around the house comfy shorts.  I guess the no Dr. Pepper is working, because I am not really doing anything else!  Or maybe it is the fact that I am not quite as stressed as I used to be...either way, it works!

No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!