"hi" Card and Whoo hooo!!!!

As you might know, the card sketch is up over at Sketch Support this week.  I actually wasn't planning on doing it and just left it kind of sitting by my work area aka messy table in the front room that no one can walk thru.  *they can, but I would want someone to call before coming over*  Anyway, the sketch is a fun sketch, but I have felt like I just haven't gotten caught up since being gone to CHA.  

Do you ever just sit at your work area and try to figure out if you really want to create or not?  I was having one of those nights.  Then, I happened to look down and saw these dress forms from Basically Bare.  (and yes, I am loving their stuff since I finally got my hands on it!)  Since getting them from a win on Facebook, I have tried to figure out exactly what I wanted to do with them.  mmm...undone card sketch + fun dress form = just might be pretty cute!

So I dug out the border punch, ribbon, jute, Fabri Tac, and some of the older Amy Tangerine papers that I had stashed away....about 45 minutes later here is what I came up with....



Supplies - Patterned Paper: American Crafts (Amy Tangerine); Cardstock: American Crafts; Letters: American Crafts; Cardboard Dress Form: Basically Bare; Adhesives: Scotch and Fabri Tac; 
Ribbon: May Arts, Hobby Lobby, Unknown; Bling: Michael’s; Punch: EK Success

And I debated about that dress form, because it is cardboard...and I was thinking of other things I could do with it!  LOL  But everything kind of reminded me of Paris, fashion, etc.  Could have been because I was watching The Devil Wears Prada also?!  hee hee, BUT I AM SO GLAD I DID BECAUSE.........



And I made the design team for Basically Bare!!!!  I am under the "Scrap Star" category over on the announcement.   I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.  There is so much enthusiasm right now, I just know it is going to carry over into all our projects!


Thanks for stopping by!!!!



9 comments

  1. Lovely card, Katrina! The dress form is the perfect touch. Glad it inspired you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and a huge CONGRATULATIONS! I'm looking forward to working with you and the rest of this uber-talented team. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love when creations come together like that? :)

    CONGRATS on the new DT! You will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and a super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! Also Congrats...very exciting news. You must be over the moon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! Love that altered dress form:)! Can't wait to start working with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving that card!!! Loving the dress form!!! And HUGE CONGRATS on the DT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card Katrina! Congratulation on the new DT spot. I look forward to seeing some of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO happy for you!!! Sorry I missed the announcement during my self-imposed computer hiatus ; )

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!