Howdy...and my last bit of news.....

What....A picture of the Corgis that have been MIA on here???

Well, I had planned an update last night and a crafty morning today...but things didn't work out that way.  

First there was a tornado warning issued out of nowhere last night.  It was raining cats, dogs, and frogs for awhile and then the "beep...beep....WARRRRRHHHHHHHHH  WARRRRHHHHHHHHA" went off and that means in the Midwest you better take shelter.  Or at least attempt to.  Then there are those souls that like to watch to see if they are going to get hit.  And yes...they do stand in the yard looking up.  I used to be like that, but not so much since we found out the house we live in has ACTUALLY been hit by a tornado before.  So, I do not take those things lightly.

Funny thing is there are certain things I always grab...the 10 second rule, I guess.  C and I make sure the dogs are taken care of...either getting the hard sided crates if it's going to be a long night, leashes and collars.  Then the purses and cell phones (and I am usually grabbing meds and my contact lenses stuff!).  Dog pilllows, because the dogs will be more comfortable and then if it does hit, we can throw them over us to protect from flying debris.

But last night a new edition to the group.....My Nikon!  LOL  I don't know what I thought I was going to do with it....take pictures of the tornado as it RIPS the roof and sides off the house and travels off into the distance?  lol  I decided my thought was insurance purposes...so we could take pics of everything!  HA HA HA...even funnier....the SD card was in the computer!  hee hee

So because of all that, I didn't get around to getting an update done or any crafty goodies..because I was a little hesitant to drag all the stuff out!  And then when I tried to update...well, Blogger was not my friend at that time....so I said heck with it and went to bed!

But today it was announced, so I get to announce it too.....I was ASKED to be a member for Debby over at "heArt of Scrapbooking"!!!  I was so floored when she asked me, I mean..she was a Fiskateer of the Year in 2008!  This lady has some skillz when it comes to craftiness!!!  The other ladies joining me are Connie Mercer and Erika Taylor.  Erika and I work together on Nikki's DT, so I was excited to she her name.  If you want to come welcome me...head over to Debby's Dare blog where the announcement was made this morning!

So, to make up for my non craftiness, I thought I would share some picutres I took a couple of weekends ago....and news flash....THESE ARE NOT PHOTOSHOPPED!  I usually do, but I decided not to, and then later I will "fix" them and post them again?  How 'bout them cookies...**note...I prefer cupcakes, just in case you would like to send any my way.....and white cupcakes are the BEST!**
I LOVE this picture......I snapped it on a whim and yeah...exposure isn't great..but I still love it!

snapped quickly and Higgins moved......Ella was the one that wanted in the water?? 


Waiting on C mom....she was getting us some bottled water!
Well, that's it for today....I won't update tomorrow....thinking of a day trip.  I am off to create!!!

Have a Scrappy Kinda Day!!~~Katrina

2 comments

  1. can i have your doggies?! ;) corgis are too adorable.

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh tornadoes would scare me to death. period. and hehehehehehe....you gonna have to grow up to be just like me... lol... i used to ONLY carry a small purse... but then I got my BIG canon.. soooooooooooo now "Sammy"....(yes... that is her name! LOL!} goes with me EVERYWHERE in my BIG PURSE! LOL!!! And WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATS on the DT!! That is AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!