My Basically Bare Project for the Nikki Sivils Swap

I took these pictures on the layout on my (work) phone with the Retro Camera app.  It's a pretty good app, although I think the apps for iPhone are better...such as Instagram.  Which I know you can get for android now, but I am wanting that iPhone 5 to come out...dang it!  If you hear rumors, let a girl in on them...kay?

I went into detail over on the Basically Bare blog about the layout and what I did.  To summarize,  I covered and altered the camera and used it to place my journaling spot.  I also cut that film strip in half to get a little more mileage across my page out of it.  After I got all that done..I decided it needed something at the top..so I hand cut the flowers out, cut them in half and then just lined them up in a border strip across the top of the page... 


Supplies: Pattern Paper-Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker (Exit Here); Die Cuts-Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker (Exit Here); Letter Stickers-Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker; Ink-Prima Chalk Ink; Felt Flower and Papparatzi Set (camera & filmstrips)-Basically Bare; Adhesive-Scotch, Glue Arts and Fabri-Tac; Buttons-Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker

couple of close ups of that film strip.....


And you know I am a Nikon girl...so I had to make the camera a Nikon.  I also used a felt blossom for the "lens" of the camera.  I used my Zig pen to write that on there. Love those pens for writing!

So, that's my project for the Basically Bare/Nikki Sivils blog post on the Basically Bare blog.  Be sure to comment on Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker's blog both days.  We are having a giveaway over there each day, so two chanced to win.


3 comments

  1. GREAT page Katrina!! I love the way you layered the photos and the fun flower border at the top! And the camera embellie at the bottom is so stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. Love that you got your Nikon camera in there!

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!