My Crafter's Companion Winner and more

First of all, I need to post my Crafter's Companion winner.........


Nicole ~ The Diva said...How awesome would it be to win this cool tool. I hope I win nicole burris

Nicole, congratulations!  Crafter's Companion will be getting you your prize out shortly!

Here is a layout done with the My Lil Monster collection from Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker.  There is a story behind this, as I had emailed Nikki to ask her if I could use this picture for a layout for CHA.  I told her I had an idea and it involved the Monster paper.  She wrote me back and said sure...that she was going to use the same picture and create a layout about the "monster she had created" when she introduced me to scrapbooking.  WELL, that was the SAME idea that I had!  LOL  We had a good laugh about it.  I don't know if she got her's done yet or not, but I did mine!

Supplies: Pattern Paper-Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker (My Lil Monster Collection); Buttons, Brads-Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker; Punch-Martha Stewart; 
Stamps-Nikki Sivils and Unity Stamp Co. Co-Brand My Lil Monster set; 
Twine-The Twinery Baker's Twine; 
Markers-Faber Castell Big Brush Markers; Ink-Memento; 
Adhesive-Scotch ATG, Fabri-Tac and Scrapbook Adhesives

Also Used-Cricut Expression, Gypsy, and Elegant Edges cartridge.

Also, if the layout looks somewhat familiar, well, I used the sketch from Sketch Support that I had done a layout for in THIS POST.  I loved the way the sketch flowed and this is the FIRST time I have used a sketch a second time in almost the same way....actually it's the first time I have used a sketch a second time period!  The layout just worked and at the time  I had a ton of stuff to do, so I just went with it.  

I have been playing with some other papers other than Nikki papers, but I can't show anything yet....there might be some Echo Park coming up on the blog soon!  I haven't had a lot of time to create since getting back from CHA and trying to get caught up, so you are seeing my CHA work right now!  And a little Sketch Support projects thrown in here and there!  

And there is a little thing I got over the weekend that will cause even more distraction.......

Picture courtesy of Apple, Inc. website
I didn't think I would ever get one (because it is definitely a toy!)....but then Saturday, it just happened!  I got the black iPad2 with a black cover...I know boring, but I will probably get a fun color cover later!  I have been busy looking thru apps, playing games and just getting the feel of it.  I seem to be addicted to Words with Friends!  I think I have about 15 games going on right now. 
Well, I think I am going to go play on it right now!  Have a great night and good day tomorrow!





6 comments

  1. yay for the ipad! let's facetime!

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute layout! Have fun with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the ipad!! Cute layout, Katrina!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH! LOVE the LO! Great papers and layers;)

    I'm thinking about getting Trav an iPad--we are a total apple family! tell use how you like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! Have fun on your new gizmo toy!

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!