A Box Card with 3 Bird Designs and Silhouette Cameo

It's FRIDAY!  Yay for that!  And I have blogged almost everyday this week, which is a record considering the last couple of months!

So, as I was looking for a project for my 3 Birds posting today, I ran across these box type cards in the Silhouette Store.  I was intrigued and decided to try one one. Actually two, this one and the one that is over on the 3 Birds Studio Design blog.  You can see that card by clicking HERE.

The first card (over on the 3 Birds blog) took me about three hours to do.  Disclaimer:  I WAS at a crop and it WAS the first project I decided to work on.  Plus, I didn't really pay attention and put it together wrong when I started!

This card was much quicker to make, since I knew what I was doing.  It's a Lori Whitlock file and she has youtube tutorials on how to put them together, but I was distracted at the crop and was just not paying attention!


FlowerBoxCard_2014-5-9-KHunt-1
Supplies:  Pattern Paper, Chipboard, 3D Embellishment-3 Birds Design (Graceful Season); Stamps-3 Birds Design (Midday Medley); Adhesive-ThermOWeb; Twine-Doodlebug Design; Markers-American Crafts

This is a close up of one of the stamp/die cut combos that come in the Midday Medley Timeless Stamp kit.  Another disclaimer here, I am NOT really a person that colors in stamps, but these are pretty easy to work with.  I think I need to practice more!
FlowerBoxCard_2014-5-9-KHunt-2

Love the 3D Embellishments in the Graceful Season collection.  And there are more for the Midday Medley collection also!  The flower stamp is actually 4 different pieces. One piece for the flower, one piece for the center detail of the flower, 2 different leaf stamps and then 2 detail stamps, one for each leaf.  
FlowerBoxCard_2014-5-9-KHunt-3

And just in case you were wondering how these are put together, here is a look inside the box part.  They fold flat for giving.  I have a picture over on the 3 Birds blog that shows how they fold down.  
FlowerBoxCard_2014-5-9-KHunt-4

That is all today! If you are looking for 3 Birds Design products, head over to HSN right HERE.  And 3 Birds will be on HSN May 14th!  Be sure to check it out, they are showing new stuff! Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!