Vintage Look....new for me!


Supplies: All older Sassafrass papers (Sew fine?), Glimmer Mist, Thickers


Well, this was a challenge for me. I have not tried to do "negative" space, because I don't think that it comes as easy for me as "the more the better" look!

I did this at a Friday night crop at my LSS, with a little help from one of my new scrappy friends, Lexi. She does negative space and vintage quite well. This layout was one of first for me...using Glimmer Mist, negative space, and sewing. Lexi had brought her sewing machine, so I took a chance to use it!

This picture is one of my favorites from the Cardigan Nationals trip that we took in April 09. This was toward the end of the day after Ella (precious pup in pic!) and I had competed in the AKC Rally Obedience trial. This was the very first time that both of us were in the obedience ring to show for competition. It was ruff (rough!) for me, because I was a nervous wreck. As soon as we got done in the ring, I broke out in tears. (Stress, I cry when I get really really stressed!) I had almost excused us from the ring, but glad I didn't. We did well, with a second place finish and one leg for her Rally Novice title. It takes three passing legs to get a title on your dog. We may try to finish that title in October, at the trial here in town.

Ella doesn't give a whole lot of kisses and I am so glad this moment was captured. I will always cherish how much she gave in the ring that day with me and I learned that I need to just BE...and things will always work out.

6 comments

  1. Feels good to try something different sometimes! Great LO!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. I like the vintage look! My fav! Ella is such a beautiful dog! Have you played with your house yet? I hope we get more in the store!

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is to cute and your negative space doesn't feel like negative space. Love your picture with the pooch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you accomplished the look you were after - this is just wonderful! These are issues that aren't easy for me either so I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well you certainly rocked the vintage look. its wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!