Maya Road Love

Thought I would share a couple of Maya Road projects that I have done the past couple of months.  Both are layouts, layouts are my jam when it comes to using the fun Maya Road embellishments!

This first one was just a pic of the dogs in the car!  Yes, I have lots of those pictures, because, well they love to go for a ride.  I will admit, it's hard to get a good pic at times, because of the way the front seats sit compared to the back!  You can see more of the products I used in my blog post HERE.

Love_Scrapbook_Layout_Maya_Road_Die_Cuts_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-1

Supplies: Paper, Stamp, Die Cuts-American Crafts Hazelwood; Sequins-WeR Memory Keepers; Doily-Hobby Lobby: Felt-Taylor Expressions; Twine, Die Cuts (love/feathers/tags/hearts), Wooden Spools, Flowers, Wood Token, PomPom Ribbon, Metal Button-Maya Road; Adhesive-Therm O Web

I love to intermix "real" embellishments with paper ones!  It creates dimension, texture and makes me want to touch it!
Love_Scrapbook_Layout_Maya_Road_Die_Cuts_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-2
I love using stripes to their advantage.  I played and played until I got the "love" die from Maya Road placed exactly the way I wanted before I cut this out.  I also used some washi tape just to hold the die in place, so that it wouldn't move going thru the cutter.
Love_Scrapbook_Layout_Maya_Road_Die_Cuts_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-3

I used the "tag" dies from Maya to create this little stitched banner effect underneath the wooden spools.  The heart is just an added touch!
Love_Scrapbook_Layout_Maya_Road_Die_Cuts_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-4

Then a couple of weeks ago, Maya Road had a blog swap with Simple Stories.  If you haven't seen all the projects both teams created you should check them out!  Amazing and beautiful to look at, plus chock full of ideas for your projects.  My blog post is HERE and has a couple more pictures. 

Flamingo_Love_Maya_Road_Simple_Stories_Swap_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-1

Supplies: Pattern Paper, Washi Tape, Stickers, Tags, Brads-Simple Stories; Chipboard, Dies, Glassine Bag, Twine, Tickets, Flower, Sequin Tape-Maya Road; Doily-Hobby Lobby; Adhesive-Therm O Web; Paint-Ranger; Pencils-Prismacolor; Cardstock-American Crafts

When I found out I was getting the Surf's Up die set...I wondered what was I going to do with a flamingo and surfboard?!  Well, out came the zoo pics of flamingos and a layout was born!  
Flamingo_Love_Maya_Road_Simple_Stories_Swap_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-2

And here I covered a chipboard piece with the washi tape in the collection.  I painted the outside of the frame with some acrylic paint and then popped the center out and covered with washi.  It's a new way to cover chipboard for me!
Flamingo_Love_Maya_Road_Simple_Stories_Swap_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-3

Again, using stripes to my advantage, but I didn't want the "love" to blend in.  So, I used some of the sequin tape that Maya Road has and trimmed the sequins to fit!  And the colors worked well with the layout!
Flamingo_Love_Maya_Road_Simple_Stories_Swap_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-4

Well, that's all from me today, two projects with lots of pics!  I love that it's a short week this week,   because I really haven't been in the mood to work.  I think it's just one of those things!  Have a great day!

No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!