You Are My Purpose and creashens Announcement

Hope everyone in the US had a great 4th.  Ours was low-key, because well, the dogs don't like fireworks and we don't like to spend the money on them! And as a bonus, Carleen and I both didn't feel that great this weekend.  So old movies on the couch and some episodes of Fixer Upper.

We are still trying to get into a routine here.  It's not so easy, let me tell you.  The puppers seem to be doing ok.  Sheldon has gotten a little more serious and Jetson has become a little more barky (that's putting it mildly!).  Ella is doing ok and her cart will come this week.  Hopefully I can take some video of her in it and post it here.

Announcement!  After doing the "Old Friends" page of Higgins and Cooper, I shared on creashens Facebook page.  Then I noticed she had asked about people doing hybrid.  So I took a chance and messaged her.  I am trying out the fit for the next couple of months, and I think I am going to like it.  Her shop is at the Digital Press HERE.  So, I thought I would share a project done with her "Purpose" kit today.

You_Are_My_Purpose_Hybrid_Scrapbook_Layout_Creashens_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-1
Supplies-Digital Kit (Purpose)-creashens; Doily, Enamel Dots-Doodlebug Designs; Twine-May Arts; Paper-Epson; Adhesive-Therm O Web; Silhouette Cameo and Software

Still trying to figure out a quick process for me as far as putting a hybrid layout together.  I usually print all the papers in the collection that I think I will use.  I usually don't print the solids, just to save on ink, but if they will work for something then I will!  

You_Are_My_Purpose_Hybrid_Scrapbook_Layout_Creashens_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-2

For this layout, I put all elements into my Silhouette software and made them into print and cut files by pulling them in, tracing and grouping the trace.  Then I piled them onto a blank 8.5x11 file in Silhouette (note, having trouble with Silhouette and the wide format) and save them in the folder I have the kit.  That way they are ready to go whenever I want to use them and I just need to resize them.  I think this will work well in the future.

You_Are_My_Purpose_Hybrid_Scrapbook_Layout_Creashens_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-3

This tag, I just erased the "twine" from the top of it and then covered the area with my own little bow!

You_Are_My_Purpose_Hybrid_Scrapbook_Layout_Creashens_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-5

And I love this title!  Trace and then print and cut and I was done.  It would look really cool foiled with DecoFoil also!
You_Are_My_Purpose_Hybrid_Scrapbook_Layout_Creashens_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-4

Ok, short and sweet today.  I am doing this post before work, because I hit the bed early last night!  Have a great Tuesday!

No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!