Wednesday Musings aka Blog Ideas

So a couple of things have happened over the last few weeks and they had me thinking about my blog and what I wanted to share or not share.  But since I am already here I might as well share and maybe it will inspire someone else to try something new!

This was the first big thing that happened.  This is a checkmark off the bucket list.  I don't have a big bucket list, but I have always wanted to learn how to sew.  This studio has been in town for just a little while and is not too far from me.  Every time I drove by I would see a sign about classes. I finally got brave and just signed up!

I figure if they can teach kids, surely they could teach me something.  It starts in April and is for the entire month.  So, I thought I might share a post each week on my "learning to sew" adventures. I need a catchy title for those posts, so if anyone has any ideas pass them my way!

The other thing I have already announced that I am working with a digital designer "Scrapping with Liz" on using her templates with paper.  I am pretty stoked about that, let me tell you!  So stoked, that this happened.....


I have honestly wanted a wide format printer for awhile, and then being on Liz's team pushed me over the edge!  I love my Epson printers and I am pretty sure this one will be no different.  I am hoping to do hybrid projects using my Silhouette and this printer to give you guys some great ideas.  I already have a wish list a mile long over at The Lilypad store, I just need to figure out where to start on it!  

And I will include 8.5 x 11 examples for those of you that don't want or need a wide format printer.  Since I scrap that size occasionally there is no reason not to do it hybrid!  

Don't worry, I am NOT giving up paper scrapping at all, I am just adding to my collection even more! I crave the feel of paper and playing with it. I am on a computer all day at work, so digital scrapping is not the way I want to exclusively create.  Just branching out a little!

So I am thinking a day a week for sewing and a day for hybrid scrapping.  Not sure that will be every week, I haven't played around with it enough yet to know how long it will take.  Does this sound like fun?  Let me know in the comments!

Happy Wednesday!




1 comment

  1. I checked the specs-this is a great printer. I have found that the larger epsons with multi cartridges are the only printers capable of giving you a true black. I love them.When you go totally over the edge-you'll be wanting something to calibrate your monitor so what you see is what you get!

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!