Boo Crew-Therm O Web and Crate Paper

Ok, every year I make a Halloween layout of the dogs and I always think it's my favorite. Then the next year comes along and nope, THIS is my favorite layout! This one, I will say took me a lot more time than previous ones, because I just kept adding to it.  It's a fault I tell you...and a sickness!

This was on the Therm O Web blog yesterday and I have a lot of DecoFoil goodies on here, with different techniques and different looks. This Crate Paper collection was my favorite Halloween collection that came out this year, but it definitely needed some color!

Boo_Crew_Scrapbook_Layout_Therm_O_Web_Crate_Paper_Deco_Foil_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-1
Supplies: Pattern Paper, Wood Veneer, Vellum, Chipboard-Crate Paper; Cardstock-American Crafts; Letters-Crate Paper, American Crafts; Twine-May Arts; Adhesives, DecoFoil-Therm O Web; Tag-Crate Paper, Maya Road; Embossing Folder-Lifestyle Crafts; Silhouette Cameo with Cutting Files

I first added a touch of color here, by using gold DecoFoil for the lid of the wood veneer jar. I actually used two different foils here, the gold and opal.  I used the liquid DecoFoil adhesive on my wood veneer and then just covered each area with the color of foil I wanted to use.  Super easy, super quick...you just have a little dry time for the liquid after you put it on.
Boo_Crew_Scrapbook_Layout_Therm_O_Web_Crate_Paper_Deco_Foil_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-3

Here is where I added some major color with purple DecoFoil!  Again I used the same technique as above, but instead of just rubbing the foil with my finger to adhere it to the glue, I burnished it with a bone folder.  Notice, it's shiny, just a different kind of shiny!  I loved the purple color for this piece and area of my layout.
Boo_Crew_Scrapbook_Layout_Therm_O_Web_Crate_Paper_Deco_Foil_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-2

And the bats!  These are my favorite part of the entire layout!  I used the DecoFoil Hot Melt adhesive and a laminator to make these.  If you aren't familiar with the Hot Melt, it is similar to fusing that you can use in sewing.  It's double sided adhesive.  I took a piece of cardstock the same size as my Hot Melt sheet and adhered the Hot Melt to my cardstock by running thru a laminator.  Once you do that, then you can die cut your cardstock/hot melt just like you would cardstock.   Then remove the protective top layer on the adhesive, add foil and run back thru the laminator!  After foiling, I then embossed a couple of the bats!
Boo_Crew_Scrapbook_Layout_Therm_O_Web_Crate_Paper_Deco_Foil_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-4

That's all I have for you today!  Hope I didn't drive you "batty"!  Heehee, I couldn't resist.  Have a great Wednesday and I will be back tomorrow!

No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!