U Make 4-Maya Road & Fancy Pants

I thought I would share my first design team project for Maya Road here today.  To say I am a little overwhelmed to be on the team is an understatement.  I love their products and the fun you can have with them. 

I showed a few ways on how to change the embellishments to match what you are working on.  I will give a few of those tips here also.  I used the new Fancy Pants "Office Suite" for this layout.  Love this collection. 

U_Make_4_Scrapbook_Layout_Katrina_Hunt_Maya_Road-1000Signed-1

Supplies:  Pattern Paper, Tags, Die Cuts-Fancy Pants Design; Sequins-We R Memory Keepers; Foil-Therm O Web DecoFoil; Letters-American Crafts; Gelatos; Doily-Doodlebug Design
Maya Road Products
Twine in Blackberry
Kraft Envelope-Rectangular
Mixed Mini Blossom Set
Bingo Motif Pieces
Trinket Pins
Kraft Large Ticket Strips-White
Lisa Uppercase Alphabet
Lace Fabric Tape-Cloud

The wooden bird is an older Maya embellishment, but it's a great idea to cover with glitter.  Cover with some white gesso or acrylic paint then while the paint is still wet, sprinkle the glitter on.  It helps it stay!
U_Make_4_Scrapbook_Layout_Katrina_Hunt_Maya_Road-1000Signed-2

And this is what got me to get out my Gelatos in the first place!  This was white lace trim and I just colored it to go with my layout.  For light color, mix the gelato and water off to the side and then brush it on.  For deeper color, smear the gelato on the lace and then brush water across, which is what I did here.
U_Make_4_Scrapbook_Layout_Katrina_Hunt_Maya_Road-1000Signed-5

I love to cluster and Maya embellishments are perfect for that.  Here I covered the chipboard with pattern paper and left the edges after I sanded them, without ink.  I liked the way it looked.  I then pair some die cuts from the paper collection in with the Maya embellishments.  Fun, right?!
U_Make_4_Scrapbook_Layout_Katrina_Hunt_Maya_Road-1000Signed-3

And the Therm O Web DecoFoil works on chipboard!  Now, I did cheat and use the fusible adhesive spray, not the liquid adhesive, but it worked for what I wanted to do.  And those Maya ticket strips make a perfect area for title work!
U_Make_4_Scrapbook_Layout_Katrina_Hunt_Maya_Road-1000Signed-4

And with that, it's a wrap for the blog this Tuesday.  I hope to be back tomorrow with a Jillibean layout I did for CREATE magazine! Have a wonderful day.

OH...don't forget the giveaway I have going on!!  You can enter on this posting HERE.

2 comments

  1. Oh I really like this one. Love how you colored the lace-can't wait to give it a try. I need to dig out some of Maya Road sash and start using it!

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!