Meeting Sheldon....a Basically Bare/Momenta layout

Last week Basically Bare and Momenta teamed up to do a little swap and I was one of the lucky design team members that got to participate.  I hadn't really ever worked with Momenta papers, so I was definitely curious about them.

I was sent the fun Kaleidoscope collection to work with, which with it's bright colors, was RIGHT up my alley.  The papers are heavy weight and textured.  I figured the black paper would work best for a background after laying out my pictures.  Basically, I started at the top of the layout and worked down.  


Supplies:  Pattern Paper, Letter Stickers, Journaling Tag, Buttons and Clear Embellishment-Momenta; Banner Pieces and Fanciful Frame piece-Basically Bare; 
Jute and Ribbon-May Arts; 
Ink-Prima; Embossing Powder-WOW; Embossing Pen-Zig; 
Adhesives-Scotch, Fabri-Tac and Scrapbook Adhesives

The small pennants are some of my favorite Basically Bare embellishments.  I doubled them up here by trimming them down and then stacking them on one another.  

I wanted to use the clear embellishment, but I also wanted to anchor it so that it would be seen.  I took one of the solid pieces from the Basically Bare Fanciful Frames, covered with paper and then using an embossing pen went over some of the flowers in the pattern.  Then I sprinkled some embossing powder over them and heat embossed.  

And they sent so much stuff, I decided to do a card.  I decided a girly general card would be fun with the pattern papers and the Sew Vintage set from Basically Bare!


Supplies:  Pattern Paper, Journaling Tag, Buttons and Clear Embellishment-Momenta; Sewing Machine and Spool-Basically Bare; Ribbon-May Arts; 
Ink-Prima; Foam Letters-American Crafts 
Adhesives-Scotch, Fabri-Tac and Scrapbook Adhesives

I just had to put that flower on the machine!  LOL  

And I had been wanting to do the spool like this for awhile, but just didn't have quite the project in mind.  The card fit with it perfectly!
(p.s. I have no idea what happened with the pic being blurry??)

So, there are my projects that I did for the swap.  I had fun doing them and working with the papers.  The hardest part was getting the angles on my banner string just the way I wanted them! 

And if you are an Aquarius....have you just been having the weirdest weeks ever with things going wrong or just plain weirdness?  I know some of you answered me on Facebook....the last two weeks have just been ICKY...and yes I yelled that!  I am blaming Venus transitioning over the sun for it.  I am glad that is not happening anytime soon again!  


3 comments

  1. Oh, wow! That layout is amazing! I am so in love with that banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, I love that layout! The black paper is really cool and the banner is one of the most awesome ones I've seen! Love the stacks and those adorable bows!

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!