What do YOU have trouble with in Scrapping???

Ok, I am confessing....I STINK at card making. I think...whooo, I'll make a card...and then it all goes to somewhere in a hand basket...without a bow!

I don't know why I have such trouble with them. I love handmade cards, LOVE them....but I have trouble just figuring out what size to make them, then what am I going to put on them, etc.

Does ANYONE else have this trouble? I see all these fabulous cards by all of these wonderfully talented ladies and I am just in amazement. I think...I could do that...and then I try. Well, let's just say I am less than successful.

The card that is a couple of posts down isn't hard for me....I can do that one without even thinking about it. Easiest thing on that one is to grab a paper pack of coordinating paper and go to town. You give me a blank piece of cardstock and the mind just shuts down.....no creativity, no isnpiration, nahdah.

I did make a couple of cards tonight, one is for a birthday, so I can't post it yet. I don't know if she is out there looking! And the other one, I can't post either because it's going to around the same place the first card is. ;) They are ok, but I WANT to do better on them.

I don't know if it's that I am scared to use my good stuff on just cards instead of my pages, if the space on the card is too small (I think this is a lot of it...), or if I am just in the card challenged group and will never get off of that bus.........

Alright, I should have LOTS of goodies to post soon. I am planning on a few movies, lots of scrapping, and maybe a few naps this weekend! I think I will get caught up on all the challenges over at Scrapbook Challenges on Myspace (come visit, I tell you...it's great fun!). And then maybe work on a DT submission...I can't decide about that one......

Have a scrappy kind of day and I will catch you tomorrow or Saturday--Katrina

2 comments

  1. i say go for it! you will love it once you do and it is a great way to use up scraps and little tidbits. i think hoarding is always an issue with me, LOL but i have gotten better with it.

    i say hit one of the card sketch blogs like 2sketches4you or cps or caardvarks..those ladies will knock your socks off

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way with cards. They never look right to me. I've stopped trying.

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!